At Merci, we developed a custom SharpSpring popup form for a client back in 2018, designed to capture new information about their VIP customers which would help them segment their audience in SharpSpring. The form was designed to only launch for tracked visitors if they hadn’t completed the form previously. It’s simply a profiling tool which updates a lead in SharpSpring with new data. We’re now ready to share our solution with the SharpSpring user community, where your business can start using popup forms.
Example use of the SharpSpring popup form
If a customer brought a product from your website and they return to buy something new a month later, the form will automatically popup and ask them a question. You could ask them something like: “What is your business type?”. The visitor simply chooses an option, clicks submit, and closes the form. It can made to not popup every visit by setting a minimum of 12 hours before the next popup.
How our SharpSpring popup form works
- The traditional method of embedding a SharpSpring form is applied with the addition of their popup code found here.
- Once the form is launched, a cookie is placed in the browser which expires after 12 hours (this time can be modified). This means the form won’t launch again if the visitor browses your website within the period of time defined. When the cookie has expired and if the visitor returns, the form will popup and present the next progressive field.
- When all fields have been completed, the form will not launch anymore.
Opt out option
We’ve also included a field which allows the visitors to Opt Out of the SharpSpring popup form questions. This prevents the form from launching for that particular visitor in that browser.
Does the popup form work on mobile?
Yes absolutely! For any device the user in tracked in SharpSpring, the popup will launch. The CSS styling just needs to modified to make sure the form functions on the mobile device without any problems. For more information on how to track leads, refer to SharpSpring help documentation here.
Update lead fields in SharpSpring and trigger automations
Because the form is a SharpSpring form, the lead fields are updated instantly which means you can trigger any kind of automation – whether that’s when the form is completed or the lead field changes to a specific value. You can then apply an action, like add them to a list, send them an email or maybe notify a salesperson. Not only is a visitor active on your website, but they’re also interacting with your website and providing information which is progressively profiling them. The possibilities are endless with automation!
Where can I get this SharpSpring popup form?
There are 3 parts to this popup form
- The HTML code – this holds the SharpSpring form script and wraps it in div blocks which are the foundations to the popup form
- The CSS code – this is applied to the popup form and defines how it looks on your website on desktop and mobile devices
Our SharpSpring popup form is protected for private use only and cannot be shared with the public. Contact us using the enquiry button here and we’ll be touch.
Merci cannot support you after the delivery of your product, we trust our guide is proficient and has been verified by external developers for use.
For a one-time fee, you will get you the files needed to start using the SharpSpring popup form on your website.
Enquire about our SharpSpring Popup Form
Got a project?
Merci is a innovative full service digital marketing agency.
Come and meet our teams in Bourg-Saint-Maurice or Brighton.